Culture Crawl Arts and Music Festival looks a little different this year. What is usually a one day explosion of arts throughout the downtown Rahway has been augmented to fit the current pandemic situation. We encourage you to take advantage of some activities that help us still celebrate the arts.
1. Yarn Art Alley — Visit the new outdoor seating area on Cherry Street and view three unique pieces created by the most talented Yarn Artist, Linda Grant: “Portrait of Frida Kahlo; “Wings for Rahway”; “Octopus’s Garden”.
2. Art Selfie Stroll — Follow the clue sheet (click here to download) and discover 10 unique murals around Rahway. Snap a selfie of you and the art, submit all 10 photos to Rahwayishappening@gmail.com and be submitted to win one of three $50 gift cards to your favorite participating Rahway business. (Download rule sheet here)
3. Culture Crawl Community Chalk Art Fun — “Culture Crawl community chalk art fun makes art available to everyone. You can draw something as big as a whale or doodle on a smaller scale. Use the chalk to set your imagination free, as you create art for the community. “
- You can partake in the fun at UCPAC Movies Under the Stars, Fridays from 7 to 9 PM.
- Cherry Street Yarn Art Alley, Thursday – Sunday from 12 PM to 10 PM. Wipe down the chalk with PPE to keep it safe for you and me.
4. Best of Rahway Real Shorts (film) — on Friday nights catch a piece from the Best of Rahway Reel Shorts during the UCPAC movies under the stars. UCPAC Movies Under the Stars,